Wednesday 5 June 2013

Controversy

Within Second Life there's always going to be some form of drama, controversy or whatever. (See the most recent SL secrets as proof!)

Because of this it can be incredibly difficult to portray what you're not without causing someone offence. For example, this beautiful saree warrants, in my opinion, Eastern jewellery.
I would love to wear a bindi, jhoomer or a matha-patti but because I'm so afraid of treading on people's toes I'm too reluctant to experiment,
I don't know all the connotations and background of each piece and it's not nice to have to worry about being criticised if I did choose to wear them.


I could do research and I could ask more knowledgeable friends for advice but I don't want to detract from the fun of blogging and the fun of putting an outfit together that I feel comfortable in.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising or chastising people for having pride in their heritage and knowledge, I'm just asking for lenience. I'm also not picking on people of Eastern heritage, it's just gorgeous saree I picked to blog!


Thankfully not many people read my blog so hopefully I won't cause too much offence by voicing my opinion.

All I'm trying to say is that people need to really lighten up. It's a virtual world and we just want to play dress-up!!

Saff/B xx

Taken at: It all starts with a smile

Credits:

Saree by 22769 @ Numberology - Asmita Bustier in pink and Asmita Sari brown/pink
Jewellery @ berry.berry - Ultra Lush Green Earrings/Necklace (10L each on the MP)
Hair @ LeLutka - Jasmine in It's Not Ginger
Lipstick @ Action - Lustre Lips in Cherry (Prev TDR Fusion)
Eyeliner @ Tuty - Audrey

No comments: